I’ve just pushed to Steam Mac & Linux builds! I had to rewrite part of the rendering pipeline for Mac, but it seems to be working well so far.
These builds should be considered very beta, so please report bugs that affect these platforms on the forums (or if it just works, that’s good to hear too! ;))
Linux has been tested and is known to work on Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit.
Mac has been tested and is known to work on OSX 10.9.2 (Mac Mini).
- Mac + Linux: Overlay doesn’t seem to work in-game.
- Mac + Linux: If you switch windows, you may see two cursors in-game.
- Mac: Game & launcher icons are shown as generic Java icons.
- Mac: Java icon sometimes continues to be shown after game is finished, until icon is clicked.
- Linux (64bit): Additional libraries are required, please see ‘How to Install 8Bit-MMO on 64-bit Ubuntu’ in the FAQ.
I’ve also fixed an issue that affected trading. Trading now has better trade offer validity checking, so if you happen to get hit by phantom inventory objects, those objects won’t appear to be tradeable anymore.